[K12OSN] Bind HOWTO domainname.local

Sudev Barar sudev at mantraonline.com
Fri Mar 19 06:14:38 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 23:31, Joe Faletra wrote:
> I am setting up a K12LTSP server and I can't find any info on how to
> configure the DNS.
If you follow the advise on the K12LTSP site and have two NIC cards on
your machine then you actually do not need to do any configuration here.
The hosts and dhcpd files takes care of internal networking on eth0.
Gateway to internet / upside network is achieved through eth1. Just
point the gateway on both the machines to an external gateway number.
>  This is new to me.  I tried webmin but I get an
> error saying bind is already running.  So, I stop bind, attempt to add
> an internal zone and nothing happens (except bind restarts)
Unless of course there is some other special reason for doing this.

Hope that helps.
--
Sudev Barar

Learning Linux