[K12OSN] ISO: Good programming language to teach an 8yr old

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Fri Mar 19 19:48:01 UTC 2004

But Fortran is the language of High Performance Computing!  I use it everyday at work. :)

Seriously, don't teach it first.  Java, Python or anything else OO first.  Fortran 2000 (or whatever it ends up being) will be OO as well and if the kids choose Engineering/technical (like me), then they will learn it (one way or the other).

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins