[K12OSN] Urgent Appeal

Jason Loughead jason at plug.ca
Sat Mar 20 15:31:46 UTC 2004

Prairie Linux User Group has come into approximiately 30 computers for
free from the University of Winnipeg. They are however missing cpu's
(pentium I and 486 sx and dx's primarily) and ram 72 pin and 168 pin. We
are asking for anyone who knows of a free or cheap supply of them to
post to the mailing list.

What we intend to do I stop the erosion of Open Source in University and
Academia by obtaining one powerful machine (possibly an IBM donation) to
serve as a terminal server for these low end machines. We may be able to
enlist the help of C.T. Leung for technical help with performance
issues, configuration etc since he has successfully setup LTSP at Sisler
High School.
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=7418&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Any advice, ideas, help would be greatly appreciated ( mail:
info at plug.ca )

Sincerely
Jason Loughead
jason at plug.ca