[K12OSN] GDM auto-login with specific users to specific terminals

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at andaluciajunta.es
Sun Mar 21 21:40:26 UTC 2004

Hello people:

Finally, I got ssh working, I only needed to uncomment the "/home.." line in /etc/export. Now I've been playing a cd (data cd as audio cd need xmms installed in terminal's root, I haven't tried it yet).

Now I'm trying to autologin as specified in [1], but it doesn't seem to do nothing! I'm also trying to create a Halt and Reboot button in GDM, to reboot the machine. I've added:
RebootCommand=ssh `echo ${DISPLAY} | cut -f1 -d: | awk -F . {' print $1 '}` reboot
HaltCommand=ssh `echo ${DISPLAY} | cut -f1 -d: | awk -F . {' print $1 '}` poweroff

But I can't see that buttons. Noth behavieurs are a bit extrange. My /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf is attached to the email.

What could the problem be?

Cheers,
   Edulix.

[1] http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/GDM auto-login with specific users to specific terminals?version=2