[K12OSN] Thin Clients

Christian Blessing cblessing at busd.k12.az.us
Mon Mar 22 17:20:05 UTC 2004

Jason,

I encourage you to take a look at ElitePC of Tempe, Arizona
(www.elitepc.com). They offer a number of thin clients based on the Via
chipset. I just purchased 10 LF26 clients, as well as a rack-mount
server pre-loaded with K12LTSP 4, from the company. Everything worked
out of the box. I have bought quite a number of other computers from
them in the past, and have come to appreciate both their decent customer
service, super-competitive pricing, and their enthusiastic support for
Linux/Open Source.

Regards,

Christian Blessing
Technology Coordinator
Bisbee Unified School District #2
100 Old Douglas Road
Bisbee AZ 85603
520-432-5381 x4205
chris.blessing at busd.k12.az.us

Hi there.

Perhaps to add to Dan's question:

Is there a document that catalogues what thin clients will with with
LTSP/K12LTSP?  I have seen some at government surplus houses and EBay
and very reasonable prices and wonder if any would be useable.

Thanks
Jason :)