[K12OSN] School board pitch

Joe Guenther jguenther at chinooksedge.ab.ca
Tue Mar 23 16:24:21 UTC 2004

MessageI made a pitch to the Principal of the High School.  She "bought" it
without even seeing it.  I told her I could take her old non-functional Lab
(Celeron 266's with 32Mb RAM running NT4 workstation - constant crashing)
and instead of spending $35,000 to replace the 24 computers, do it for
$6000 - new server, switch and 3com NICS.  The division Director of
Technology loved the demo, the Computer Courses teacher likes it, ... but
the principal never had the time to come up and see it demo'ed.  But she is
prepared to fund it.

I think the money argument talked, as she really has no other alternative to
that aging lab.  LTSP is an exact fit - Internet research, word processing,
printing .... in a high school.

So I wish you well in the marketing of your idea.

Joe