[K12OSN] lts.conf questions

jam at mcquil.com jam at mcquil.com
Tue Mar 23 21:22:14 UTC 2004

Caleb,

I'm glad you like the HP thin clients.  They've become very popular with
our customers.

Looking at your config, I see you have "X_RES_1".  what is that
variable?

Straight LTSP doesn't use that.  Only X_MODE_0 through X_MODE_2.

To debug your situation, try setting SCREEN_01 = shell
and boot the client to a bash prompt.

Then, make sure the client has a hostname by running:

    hostname

If it doesn't, then you need to specify your options by either IP
address or MAC address.  Just put the IP or MAC address inside
the '[' and ']'.

When you've got the client booted to a bash prompt, you can run:

   getltscfg -a | more

and see all the variables that are being used for that client.
Then you can see if the values are what you expect.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org