[K12OSN] K12LTSP Server RAM question

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Wed Mar 24 16:31:50 UTC 2004

Are there ISOs for the Opteron or would one need to compile from
source?  While I'm sure I *could* compile a system, I'd much
rather not have to.  The dual Opteron mother boards are very
attractive and not priced much differently than dual Xeon boards
but if the install is significantly more difficult, that may tip
the scales the other way for me.

On a related topic, does anyone know if the reports of problems
with FC1 and the SMP kernel fixed with the 2.6.x kernel series?
If so, I may just wait for FC2 based K12LTSP.

--
Henry "still waiting to get approval to buy my server" Hartley