[K12OSN] OpenOffice won't print

Caleb Wagnon cwagnon at redbugmail.k12.ar.us
Thu Mar 25 04:06:01 UTC 2004

Burke Almquist said:
> How did you set up your OOo install?
> Check profile permissions, that might give you/us some clues.

Huh? =)

I have a printer setup in cups (hp4300)

I added eric's yum repos to my whitebox yum and ran "yum install openoffice" I
logged in as root and cranked up openoffice. Typed something...clicked
print...and it prints. Try the above with a normal user and it just goes
through the motions. I've run spadmin and tried adding another printer
manually there and none of that works. I can also run spadmin as root, click
on print test page with the generic printer and it works. I can su as another
user, crank up spadmin and click test page, and it goes through the motions
but nothing prints. No errors in the console window either. What gives?

--
Caleb Wagnon MCP A+ CCNA
Technology Coordinator