[K12OSN] Client RAM question

Calvin Park, ACDS csitech at practical.edu
Fri Mar 26 15:23:39 UTC 2004

Video could do it...maybe it has something to do with the amount of Video
memory. But that doesn't quite seem to make sense to me since it's taking
time to load the application, as opposed to displaying it. But maybe.
Mella may be onto something. Our terminals here haven't restarted, but they
do take a noticably different amount of time to load apps such as
OpenOffice, Mozilla, and Evolution. Again, this isn't a major issue, but it
is interesting. What Julius said also makes sense, if the XServer is loading
up in the RAM on the client, it might be ideal to have 128 in each client,
as well as 50MB on the server for each client....or maybe 100MB on the
server for each client.