[K12OSN] netbooting Macs from Linux....how?

Heath Henderson hendersonh at unit5.org
Fri Mar 26 16:46:22 UTC 2004

There are some items out there with a good google.  I read through some a
while back.  They are pretty in depth though.

One thing we have started / will be using is radmind from U of Utah.

Regardless of OS (as long as it has a *nix OS on it.  You can setup radmind
to be an imaging prospect, updates are handled as well.

You can run it from a Mac server, linux server.  Mac workstation, etc.
There are even some windows plans I believe.  I also don't know how it works
with Unix services for windows as that might allow you to image windows
computers as well.

You can update from say 10.1 to 10.1.5 or 10.1 to 10.3 without even going to
the machine.

I have all of the documentation right from their website.  It is not too bad
to get going.  Once our spring break is over, I am finishing the setup (now
that I have had time to figure it out while the kids were gone!).

Hope that helps.

--
Heath Henderson
Assistant Technology Administrator