[K12OSN] boot from local ntfs HD

robark at telus.net robark at telus.net
Sun Mar 28 03:25:59 UTC 2004

Hi Dan,
This is the exact solution I was looking for. I know it's possible to dual boot
to linux on a primary partition on the local HD with this method (using windows
boot loader by editing boot.ini ). However, you suggest replacing the
bootsect.lin file with the rom-o-matic etherboot.com. My only concern is, will
it work with an ntfs drive?? In any case, I will try it and report back here but
it will take a few weeks as my server has not arrived yet.

Thanks for everyones replies/help in this matter, it's much appreciated.
I'm also posting a reply to Jim C.

Robert