[K12OSN] KDE Desktop Sharing

Peter Deakin pdkin.trinityschool at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 29 10:40:10 UTC 2004

Galea, Luke wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> Has anyone had problems running KDE Desktop Sharing under k12?
>

> I'm getting an error stating that it can't find the KINETD service..
>

> I found emails on newsgroups from other stating similar problems, but
> no one had responded to them..
>

> Is there something required to start this service? I can't find
> mention of it anywhere in init.d...
>

> Thanks in advance!
>

> Luke Galea, IM Services
> Toronto Rehab Institute
> Galea.Luke at torontorehab.on.ca <mailto:Galea.Luke at torontorehab.on.ca>
> (416) 597-3422 ext. 3934

> *IMPORTANT*: The information in this e-mail belongs to Toronto
> Rehabilitation Institute and may contain confidential and privileged
> information for the sole use of the individual or entity to which it
> is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
> notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the contents
> of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
> error, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the

Hi

This is a problem I have had and not resolved until today. I just tried
google and found this discussion
http://www.techsupportforum.com/computer/topic/13711-1.html

I have done an install of the kdenetwork-devel  and it seems to work.
There is some help for desktop sharing on the KDE website
http://docs.kde.org/en/3.2/kdenetwork/krfb/

Hope this helps

Peter Deakin