[K12OSN] SASinSchool and Java3d

Jimmy Schwankl schwankl at chatham.k12.nc.us
Mon Mar 29 21:15:07 UTC 2004

Hey everybody,

I'm having a problem and wondered if anyone has already defeated it.

I'm working on getting my K12LTSP 3.12 server, running Firefox 0.8, to
work with the SASinschool site.

http://www.sasinschool.com/ProductEntrance/linuxtest.jsp

The problem I'm having is with the Geometry Tool.  The Java3d works
when I'm actually sitting at the server. It doesn't matter whether I'm
logged in as a student or root ... it works as long as I'm logged in
using the keyboard that is physically attached to the server.

If I log in as a student or even root from a terminal, then the applet
acts as if it is loading but finishes with a red X in the upper left
hand corner of it's window.

Any suggestions?

Peace,
Jimmy Schwankl

Gardening Rule:  When weeding, the best way to make sure you are
removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.  If it comes
out of the ground  easily, it is a valuable plant.