[K12OSN] IDE if /home is NFS?

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Wed Mar 31 18:20:03 UTC 2004

pnelson wrote:
> Yup... We have 4 application servers,

Very cool.  This is probably documented somewhere, but by "application
servers" do you mean that each box runs a specific application?  Or that
certain clients boot from 1 of 4 LTSP servers?

Either way, how is the topology set up?  Do you have 4 vlans that boot,
or 1 DHCP server that tells them where to boot to?  Or custom settings
so that a specific app is launched from a specific server?

Thanks for any info, I'm looking at the possibility of a big LTSP
rollout.  (Amazing what a $650,000 deficit will do to a little district...)

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director