[K12OSN] users breaking?

Quentin Hartman qhartman at lane.k12.or.us
Tue Mar 2 11:18:22 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 17:36, David Trask wrote:
> Quentin,
>
> I have a script to "purge" the .gconfd file from each users home
> directory.  It's at school....email me tomorrow and I'll post it for you.

That would be super. I managed to find a "suicide" script by digging
through the mail archives using google's site: function since the RH
search is still b0rken. Is that the best way we have found to cleanup
dead processes that users leave behind? I am also curious why this has
suddenly become a problem, albeit a fairly minor one. Is there some user
behavior that leaves processes lying around like this? Perhaps turning
the terminals off rather than logging out? That seems likely, but again,
I find it odd that I haven't seen this before in the many months that
this system has been running.

--
   -Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-

Academic Computing and Networking Services Coordinator
Fern Ridge School District 28J
Elmira, OR
Office: 541-935-2253 x429
Cell: 541-914-2989