[K12OSN] importing and exporting student lists

Les Bell lesbell at lesbell.com.au
Tue Mar 2 16:42:02 UTC 2004

Les Mikesell <les at futuresource.com> wrote:

It looks like someone has done it already, although the
dates seem a little old.  I thought there were some changes
in the schema for samba 3.x acting as a domain controller.
http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/Technical%3ALDAP
<<

That's useful, Les - but I was referring to something a bit more general on
LDAP, rather than just Samba/LDAP. I'm using it with the base OS, Samba,
Pear::LDAP, Perl::LDAP, Apache (1.x and 2.x) and a bunch of other stuff.
I'm also trying to work with other LDAP servers (e.g. Lotus Domino). So
I'll take all the help I can get, especially a really good book that would
explain all this stuff. Everything I've seen is either too basic or seems
to start at the LDAP guru level. . .

Best,

--- Les Bell, RHCE, CISSP
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]