[K12OSN] Retrieve DVD Player via Yum

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Mar 2 20:23:09 UTC 2004

I hate when I find the answer myself minutes after posting to the list.

I just found on FreshRPMS a sample yum.conf and pulled the servers from
their list and added it to mine and viola, it worked.  That sure made a
tough project easy, I ran "yum install xine" and it was running in about
5 minutes.  Cool

Is there a reason that the LTSP default servers don't have as robust a
library for apps as some others? It sure would have been handy if no
config mods were necessary, but now I know how to solve it.

Thanks