[K12OSN] importing and exporting student lists

Steve Wright paua at quicksilver.net.nz
Tue Mar 2 22:19:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 04:44, Kevin Boone wrote:
> Is it possible to create an export list in k12LTSP?

Ok, I slapped this together just for fun.

usage is simply ;

$ dumpusers.pl

Do this on the machine you are dumping.  You may output the result to
file simply by redirecting, viz, `dumpusers.pl > users.txt`

You should now have a tidy file with all your users in it, complete with
new passwords.  Yes, NEW passwords.

Now, you can use scripts from here http://www.lfsp.org/users.html  to
either REMOVE these users off your system, or ADD them to another
system.  BE CAREFUL doing this.

Download it from http://linuxathome.ath.cx/~steve/files/dumpusers.pl

You might want to make yourself a /home/user/bin directory and biff it
in there.  Run my newbie hackerish scripts as root on your production
server and diiiiiiie, ok.  Just don't.

You must also install pwgen - a pronounceable password generator.
RPM made by checkinstall on my K12LTSP v4.1 system, available from here
http://linuxathome.ath.cx/~steve/files/pwgen-2.03-1.i386.rpm

Or build it yourself from source from here ;
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pwgen/

enjoy, and don't break anything.  ;-)

/Steve