[K12OSN] Problems with a kernel, new to the list :)

Jim Hays haysja at sages.us
Wed Mar 3 19:41:01 UTC 2004

This looks like a video setting problem in the lts.conf file.

Try this:

Edit your /etc/dhcdp.conf file and add a record for your client
computer.  Assign an IP number and a host name to the Mac address for
your client.

Then edit /opt/lstp/i386/etc/lts.conf (I think that is it.  I am away
from my installation and am doing this from memory.)

Add a record for that client host.  Include these line in your record:

[ws001]
X_MODE_0 = 640x480  31.5 640  664  704  832  480 489 492 520 +hsync +vsync
X_MODE_1 = 800x600  40   800  840  968  1056 600 601 605 628 +hsync +vsync
X_MODE_2 = 1024x768 44.9 1024 1048 1208 1264 768 776 784 817 interlace

(This assumes that you named the host [ws001] in your dhcpd.conf file.)

You need to add the record in dhcpd.conf file so you can know exactly
which client gets the host name.  Then you add the record in lts.conf to
make sure the video settings are assigned to the correct host.

Good luck and don't give up.  It will work.