[K12OSN] Making LTSP work with old Compaqs

Hedblom Daniel daniel.hedblom at skola.solleftea.se
Fri Mar 5 08:13:06 UTC 2004

Hi!

I have found out that by setting the proper resolution and using
XF86_SVGA will make theese comps work. Some is so old they only run in
800x600 and some 1024x768. Like this:

----------------------------
//opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf

[ws001]
        XSERVER  = XF86_SVGA
        X_MODE_0 = 1024x768

------------------------------

You can also change the videocards as i have done on most old boxes.

Set them up individually in /etc/dhcp and /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf or
by making it default.

Anyway, cheers!

Daniel Hedblom
Sysadmin