[K12OSN] K12LTSP, Squid & SquidGuard

Michael Elliott melliott at rpmhealthstop.org
Fri Mar 5 16:25:12 UTC 2004

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply.  You are correct I was trying to use the server to
connect to the internet.  When I logged in to a client machine, I then
launched Mozilla and entered in one of the sample URLs that are supposed
to be blocked.  As expected, it was open.  So I entered the preferences
of Mozilla.  I changed the Direct connection to the internet to a Manual
proxy configuration, I entered in the address of my K12LTSP
(192.168.0.208) & Port 80.  To be safe I restarted the browser, but I
received an alert - The connection was refused when attempting to
contact the proxy server.  This was just going to google.com.  I then
for the heck of it changed the proxy address to the LAN side IP address
that is see by our main LAN (192.168.1.208).  Same alert.  So finally I
attempted to change the proxy setting to "Automatic proxy configuration"
setting to my K12LTSP address.  Unfortunately, I could get internet
access to everthing once again.

Any advice grealty appreciated!
Michael