[K12OSN] K12LTSP, Squid & SquidGuard

John Pace jpace at webstercounty.lib.mo.us
Fri Mar 5 17:26:08 UTC 2004

Richard,

When you say all computers in your network use this boxes IP as their
gateway, you mean the "green" NIC, right?

>From the client should I be able to ping DG?

This is what I have so far:

-internet feed coming into the Squid/DG box on NIC 192.168.1.60

-Network leaves Squid/DG box on other NIC, 192.168.1.61 and goes to 8 port
switch.

-one client connected to switch.

Squid configured: Proxy address 127.0.0.1 port 3128

DG Configured: Filter IP/Port: 192.168.1.61:8080, Proxy IP/Port:
127.0.0.1:3128

Client GW/DNS is the firewall (192.168.1.99), Should I change the client GW
to 192.168.1.61? DNS the same? Or leave them pointing to firewall? I have
tried both ways, neither worked.

NIC configs on the Squid/DG box:
eth0: IP 192.168.1.60, GW 192.168.1.99 (firewall)
eth1: IP 192.168.1.61, GW 192.168.1.99 (firewall)

Thanks!

John