[K12OSN] Macintosh 5500 Install Instructions-thick client..

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Sun Mar 7 09:38:01 UTC 2004

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 06:40:49 -0500
cliebow <cliebow at downeast.net> wrote:
> Shawn..what are you using for a bootloader

Using bootx.  It's what comes with Yellowdog 3.0.1.  I really did a complete install of Yellowdog linux on the machine, just didnt' install KDE or GNOME.

To be honest, I've never used anything but bootx on macs...  Even back in Yellowdog 2.2 (my first introduction to linux on macs 5ish years ago)

Basically, I'd try to install Yellowdog 3.0.1 according to the install manual, and trim stuff down from there.

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director