[K12OSN] Network Error Troubles Again ...

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sun Mar 7 18:40:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 17:30, Jim Christiansen wrote:
> Thanks Steve and Terrell,
>
> This is really helpful.  I'll try to get our ONE technician for 9 remote
> schools to talk with me about this.

It may not even be the in-wall wiring. A bad jumper from the wall
to PC can do it too.  When my company first switched from 10Meg to
100M we had a lot of trouble that turned out to be caused by
badly made extension cables in the offices.  The
contractor-installed cat 5 in the walls was OK.  The switches
didn't isolate the errors though, so it was hard to find the
problems.  We ended up replacing all of the old hand-made
cables with new pre-made ones - which aren't all that expensive
now.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com