[K12OSN] RE: Serial Mouse on Clients

Tim Kaldahl tkaldahl at maplewoodacademy.org
Sun Mar 7 23:38:01 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I have been lurking in this list for about a year and have just been playing
with k12ltsp more or less as a novelty. I am in the process of setting up a
server (3.12) with 5 terminals at my son's school. (Very poor private
christian school) My problem is that the server has a ps2 mouse, but the
terminals all use serial mice. The terminals connect, but the mouse won't
work. I tried editing lts.conf by changing X_MOUSE_DEVICE = "/dev/ttyS0"
instead of "/dev/psaux" but that did not change anything. This project is my
proving ground for future technology plans at my school, so I really want to
make it fly.

I have learned an incredible amount from this list, and look forward to the
help I know is forthcoming. I am dreaming of a future with no Windows.

Tim Kaldahl
I.T. Coordinator
Maplewood Academy
Hutchinson, MN

P.S. If any of you out there belong to Linux Users Group closer to me than
Mankato (about one hour away), I would love to here about it. I am an hour
west of Minneapolis. If there isn't one and you would like to start one I am
up for that.