[K12OSN] RE: Serial Mouse on Clients

Sudev Barar sudev at mantraonline.com
Mon Mar 8 00:58:00 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 10:09, Tim Kaldahl wrote:
> christian school) My problem is that the server has a ps2 mouse, but the
> terminals all use serial mice. The terminals connect, but the mouse won't
> work. I tried editing lts.conf by changing X_MOUSE_DEVICE = "/dev/ttyS0"
> instead of "/dev/psaux" but that did not change anything. This project is my
Try the following in the [wsxxx]
	X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL = "Microsoft"
        X_MOUSE_DEVICE = "/dev/ttyS0"

The two lines together will work or if you have really different mouse
then look up lts.conf.readme on all the driver options available. Also
see it is really /devttyS0 and not /dev/ttyS1
HTH
--
Sudev Barar

Learning Linux