[K12OSN] RE: Serial Mouse on Clients

Tim Kaldahl tkaldahl at maplewoodacademy.org
Mon Mar 8 15:05:02 UTC 2004

Thankyou Jim and Sudev for the help on this. It turns out that the mouse was
the problem. That will teach me to double check items from the scrap bin. I
also had to change the X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL = "Microsoft" to get smooth mouse
movements.

I will be spending some time with the teachers at the school to train them
on the system now. I have always been hesitant about installing Linux
because the nearest professional tech support is an hour away, but hopefully
this will prove to be smooth and stable. Even if the system goes down once
or twice a year we will be ahead on support cost, time and effort.

Tim Kaldahl
Maplewood Academy
I.T. Coordinator