[K12OSN] K12LTSP on dual opterons?

Spencer, John johns at model.com
Tue Mar 9 09:58:19 UTC 2004

Hi Robert,

I am using 2 IDE, ATA-100 7200 RPM, hard drives.  I use two so that I can stripe the non-boot partitions RAID0.  In striping the more hard drives, and connectors, used the better the performance, however I find that using 2, the minimum, is sufficient for my needs.  The following is how I layout my partitions:

/boot = RAID1
/	= RAID0
/export = RAID0
<swap> = RAID0

I buy my Opterons from either IBM or Sun to ensure quality components are used and to leverage their support.  I have found that Sun, IBM & HP are my most reliable OEM hardware providers.

John