[K12OSN] Hey hey......big question

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Mar 11 14:39:03 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 13:14, Caleb Wagnon wrote:
> I've been migrating my passwd,shadow,and group files from my old ltsp server.
> Am I messing up? Perhaps there have been special users added for something in
> the new ltsp that my old server didn't have?

You are probably OK, but if you still have a copy of the old ones
or a similar install of the new OS on another machine, compare the
users below uid 500.  There may be more services running under their
own uid's in the current version than whatever you were running
before and some of the home directories may have moved.  All of
the uid's installed by redhat/fedora should be below 500, and all of
the users added with the system tools should be above 500 so there
shouldn't be any conflicts, just some possible changes on the system
side.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com