[K12OSN] wbel---k12ltsp 2nd install

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Thu Mar 11 23:16:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Caleb Wagnon wrote:

>I did a plain jane install to the letter. Migrated nothing. Everything looks
>good. Dhcp is started but not handing out any addresses. I stopped iptables
>and still nothing. I'm at the end of my rope here.

Type the following command to verify that dhcpd is actually listening:

	netstat -nap | grep :67

It should return something like:

	udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:67              0.0.0.0:*        8832/dhcpd

If dhcpd is running, verify that the correct config file is installed.
First make sure the correct package is installed:

	rpm -qf /etc/dhcpd.conf

This should return "dhcp-ltsp-config-0.0.3-k12ltsp.0.3.1"

If it does return the right value, run "rpm -Vf /etc/dhcpd.conf" to
validate it.

If either returns a different value, let me know what it is.

>I'm gonna check out
>knoppix-ltsp and see if it will do what I need for now.

I've not had a chance to play with this in a while. Let us know how it
goes!

-Eric