[K12OSN] RE: Monitoring Internet Access

Quigg, Dale dale.quigg at aspentech.com
Fri Mar 12 12:26:05 UTC 2004

Hi John,

Censornet stores all the blacklist/whitelist/etc information in a Postgres
database.  My assumption is that they generate the blacklists/*/domains and
blacklists/*/url from the database.  So, you'd either need to import the
Squidguard lists into the database or prevent the overwriting of the
blacklists/* files by the system.

The blacklist update service they provide is pretty reasonable (~$60 for
porn only or ~$150 for all).  I didn't compare their lists with what Eric
provides to see which was "better".

Hope this helps.
Dale