[K12OSN] Diskless Workstation Recommendation

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Mar 12 13:21:02 UTC 2004

I am going to buy a couple of workstations from
disklessworkstations.com.  Do any of you have a recommendation of which
system to go with?  I of course want to keep the cost down so I was
looking at the Term 150 and 150e instead of the Jammin 125 or the Compaq
t5X00.  I don't however understand why the 125 costs more with slower
components, is there some other advantage to this system?  Also if I go
with one of the 150 versions is there an advantage to using Etherboot
over PXE or vice versa?  I want whichever system will provide the best
performance, and be out-of-the-box compatible.

I am leaning towards the LTSP Term 150.

Also those of you who have used these, are the local USB's recognized by
default for use with a scanner or for uploading digital pictures or
attaching an external CDROM,printer etc?

Thanks

---