[K12OSN] Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Bandwith, spec of client and benefit of ltsp

Eric Feldhusen efeldhusen at chartermi.net
Fri Mar 12 15:26:01 UTC 2004

Hedemark, Magnus wrote:
> Sudev Barar [mailto:sudev at mantraonline.com] said:
>>Oh I forgot bandwith usage hovers to less than 1 mbps on average.
>
> But it can be very peaky, for a second or so anyway, and then drop down to
> 1-2Mbps where it will spend most of it's time.
> In my next phase of thin client piloting I'll have to monitor with RRDtool
> and post some hard numbers for things like how much an LTSP client uses
> while booting, while opening apps, etc. vs. just sitting idle (which still
> uses some bandwidth).

If you want to monitor your ltsp server, I can't recommend this webmin
module enough. It's called webminstats and it's very slick.  The
requirements are webmin, perl, and rrdtool.

I've been putting it on all my servers and it's been very helpful in
seeing problems, and seeing how the servers work over the course of time.

http://webminstats.sourceforge.net/

--
Eric Feldhusen
Network Administrator for Adams, Chassell,
emailto:eric at remc1.k12.mi.us