[K12OSN] [OT] Tux Paint website look-n-feel

Samps samps at redjocks.com
Fri Mar 12 18:47:02 UTC 2004

Bill Kendrick wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 07:21:00AM +1030, Samps wrote:
>
>>Neat!
>>
>>I'll be installing Tux Paint, on 140 computers, over the weekend. Our
>>kids love it.
>

> Wow, cool! :^)  Can you tell me more?  May I put it up on the Tux Paint
> site under 'reviews'? ;^)

Absolutely. Least I could do in return for your efforts.

Here's my attempt at a 'press release', feel free to adapt it into
Queens english, shorten it or whatever:

In an attempt to create consistency, not only throughout the software
portfolio on the schools computers, but extending into the students'
home computers, Grant High School in South Australia has adopted a
wholistic Open Source approach. "This way, our students can leaglly
afford to install the programs at home, necessary for them to do their
homework...." a spokesman said.
By using Open Source applications the students have access to a wider
variety of software than what would've been possible, had they and the
school had to pay for expensive proprietary software licenses. Grant
High School has recently added Tux Paint to the 'standard image' for
another 140 PCs, next to other fine works in the graphics category, such
as: Sodipodi, The Gimp, OpenOffice Draw and Pixia, fully replacing the
need for MS Paint, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw and other costly
alternatives.
Tux Paint is a natural choice of drawing application for the Grant High
School Community Software model, as it fills all criteria for selection:
The price is right, it has lots of functionality, the licensing model is
inobtrusive and it makes very little assumptions about the users
Operating System choice.

Tux Paint is a winner, from Kindie to year 12, the kids all get 'that
shining look' on their face when using it.

cheers
Samps