[K12OSN] [OT] Tux Paint website look-n-feel

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Sat Mar 13 04:04:24 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 23:44, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 09:58:26PM +0800, Gavin Chester wrote:
> > Bill,
> >
> > I would love to say that I continue to love the work you do - - - but I
> > couldn't get past the front gate into the tuxpaint pages.  Your
> > javascript on the "enter" button just didn't want to do it with my
> > browser.  I'm using galeon with javascript enabled, BTW. :-(
>
> I've changed the javascript URLs to include "document." at the beginning,
> and it seems to work.
>
> Tested with Galeon 1.2.7.  Without the "document.", clicking the [Enter]
> button on the TP front page did nothing.  When I added it, it worked!
>
> I also tested with Netscape 4.77. :^)
>
> Thx and sorry for the problems!  Lemme know if there are any more ;)
>
> -bill!

That works now, thanks Bill.  One little niggle still though ... I
wonder why the use of Javascript, which I usually have disabled anyway,
when an image map or plain ol' hypertext link would do?  Because I also
have my browser warn me of sending info over unsecured links, clicking
your "enter" pops up a warning from my browser that I then have to "OK"
before it loads the page.  Petty I know, but you did ask if any more
problems ;-)

Gavin