[K12OSN] VNC related question-hi norbert

Julius Szelagiewicz julius at turtle.com
Tue Mar 16 02:44:57 UTC 2004

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, norbert wrote:
> Thanks for the tip however this setup is being used to teach classes
> REMOTELY & the students need to access the K12ltsp server graphically to
> run their web design programs. Although there are only 8 connections at
> any one time they need access through the firewall...
Norbert,
	some things just won't work and graphical access over a slow link
is one of them. You have to rethink the application. I have a limited
success accessing a server with x or VNC from home, where i have cable
connect usually running in the 5+ Mb range. The server is connectec by T1,
so right there we have a bottle neck. julius