[K12OSN] Openmosix users?

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Tue Mar 16 02:49:53 UTC 2004

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, norbert wrote:

>Hi Eric,
>
>OK what would you like to know ? I've run probably every imaginable
>configuration with clusters, how can I help ?
>
>norbert

Execellent!

If I post the work I've done so far, would you be willing to
critique it? I'm pretty close to having something usable, maybe
will have something worth showing by the end of the night.

My main goal is to see if this technology can be deployed in such
a way that it would be useful for the average K12LTSP user. By
that I mean they would install the packages, maybe make a single
change to the lts.conf file, and it "just works".

The second half of the work I'm doing is making it easy (or at
least easier) to keep LTSP clients in sync with the openmosix
releases. It has been a LONG TIME since I've updated my openmosix
packages, the process is too much of a pain.

So if you add the two up, I'd like to see an easy-to-use default
configuration that would also be a decent base for more complicated
configurations.

-Eric