[K12OSN] Problems with Ten Thumbs

Chris Gillies chris at lasertronics.net
Tue Mar 16 07:33:02 UTC 2004

Sorry if this is not the correct forum, but I am having trouble with Ten
Thumbs Typing Tutor, and I am not sure if it is the program or my
k12ltsp. When I launch the program the first screen comes up fine, it
then flick to what is the student log in screen. This displays for about
1 second and then the whole screen goes blank. Using alt-tab I know the
system is alive because it tabs between the open programs  (but the
screen is black now for all applications), and the mouse still works.
I then have to use ctrl backspace to kill the x sessions.

I am using version 2.1 of  K12ltsp (I know its old but it goes well!)
and I have update to the latest XFree (4.4). I am tried various display
setting from 800x600 @ 256 colours to 1024x768 @ 16bit colour. I am not
sure what to try next.

If I can't get this to work, does anyone have suggestions for a typing
tutor suitable for Primaru school kids

All help appreciated.

Chris Gillies
IT Co-ordinator