[K12OSN] VNC related question-hi norbert

norbert bear2bar at netscape.net
Tue Mar 16 13:21:46 UTC 2004

Hi Julius,

Thanks for the info,, :-)
Just a couple of points;
1) All the external users have a high-speed internet connection, either
cable-modem or DSL.
2) With the LTSP server connected directly to the cable-modem VNC
connections are fine, no bottle-neck nor any slowdown.

However we need to "secure" the site and wanted to insert a firewall
between the modem and the LTSP server, hence the question.
Therefore both an IP forwarding and a port forwarding needs to be done ?
Could you give me an example ?

thanks
norbert