[K12OSN] Version 4 (Fedora) specs.

Chris Thomas cwt137 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 00:06:08 UTC 2004

I haven't tried the fedora based k12ltsp on a low end
server but the first production k12ltsp box I had had
a duron 900 and 512mb ram and it was able to support
10-12 ws at a time. It had a problem where it never
used the swap partition (like it was turned off or
something). I bet I could of supported more if swap
was working correctly.

My experiance has been that the processor makes a big
diffrence when starting workstations and starting
programs. This is when the cpu hits 100%. When the
kids are in the program proc useage drops a lot in
most cases.