[K12OSN] M$ access from K12LTSP

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Mar 17 00:30:27 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 08:21, norbert wrote:
> Hi Les,
>
> When I tried to run VMWare workstation I could only launch 2 sessions
> (instances) of another OS from the clients. Have you been able to have
> multiple sessions on different clients ?  HOW ?

If you are thinking of running an instance of VMware per user, I don't
think that makes sense and it wouldn't be possible unless you could
run it as a local app on the desktop - and it puts you right back to
where you would be running windows locally.  It also doesn't make much
sense to run a virtual windows machine for each user under a single
instance of vmware because you don't get any shared memory or resources
that way.   You should, however, be able to run one or two instances
of windows servers under VMWare on the k12ltsp server configured
just like they were real servers with terminal services set up for
connections via rdesktop.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com