[K12OSN] Kidspiration or Inspiration-like Linux software

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin at snet.net
Wed Mar 17 21:59:36 UTC 2004

Larry Mateo wrote:
> I'm looking for visual learning software similar to Inspiration Software, Inc.'s Kidspiration or Inspiration programs that will run under Linux.  Kidspiration, or a reasonable facsimile thereof, would be best since we use the K12LTSP system for elementary school grades in our district.  Currently,  the Kidspiration program runs under Windows and Mac OS; however, I have sent an email to the company asking if they have plans on marketing a Linux-based version of the software.
>
> Here's their web page:
> http://www.inspiration.com
>

> Larry Mateo
> Network Technician II
> Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District
> larrym at fsusd.k12.ca.us

Larry,
I have created graphical organizers much like Inspiration does with,
both, Openoffice.org Draw, and Kivio (Koffice's Visio equiv.)  You can
see an outline and  a couple of graphical orgs I did for my students
with OOo at http://sterling.school-library.net
Of course, neither of those will switch from outline to graphical org
and back at the click of a button or do some of the other things that
Inspiration does. On the bright side, Inspiration runs just fine with
Wine!  (I'm the one that discovered this and added Inspiration to the
list at winehq.org!)
If I really want Inspiration, though, I use it on my OSX iBook (under
Classic/OS9).

tony

--
Anthony Baldwin