[K12OSN] Question on diskless vs diskfull clients & how to get them

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Fri Mar 19 15:26:46 UTC 2004

Eric Harrison <eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us> wrote:
> I'm hoping that bill_c (of ppc-ltsp fame) will be at LFNW next month!

Who is this bill_c?  I've never heard of him, and I might like to meet that fella. :)

I'm likely rolling out a hundred or so PowerMac5500 machines next year as thick clients, and want to make the install/boot process as slim and reproducible as possible.  (In fact, debian is installing on one in front of me right now...)

There are a few issues I'd really like to talk to such a person about, like remote flash, sound, and accelerated video.  (These little beauties have nice ati mach64 chipsets)

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director