[K12OSN] ISO: Good programming language to teach an 8yr old

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Fri Mar 19 18:26:43 UTC 2004

Bill Kendrick <nbs at sonic.net> wrote:
> I've though about picking up some Python and passing my knowledge on to him,
> but of course I'd rather ask the educators and other experts on various
> mailing lists for suggestions, since many of you have already dealt with
> this problem be

I haven't taught a class in it yet (next year... fingers crossed) but I would think python would be a wonderful language to start with.  There are a few great resources for "teaching the basics" -- and it's worth looking at some of them.

I'm sure opinions will vary, but I agree with your Python thought.

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director