[K12OSN] ISO: Good programming language to teach an 8yr old

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Fri Mar 19 19:11:10 UTC 2004

Bill Kendrick wrote:
> Got any refs?  Is there any content (website or books) that are actually
> written FOR kids?  (Like the old BASIC books I had 20yr ago)

Great, now you got me all pumped about Python again... way to go Bill...
;o) I haven't specifically looked for young kids, my age group would
have been (and hopefully will be) early HS age.  I'll google a bit, but
here are some links that are interesting, albeit not elementary.

http://www.prescod.net/python/why.html
http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/
http://www.thinkware.se/cgi-bin/thinki.cgi/PythonDocs

--