[K12OSN] Using K12LTSP for internet cafe

Richard K. Ingalls ringalls at glenwood.k12.mo.us
Mon Mar 22 19:23:30 UTC 2004

Bert Rolston wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I know this is a not strictly K12 stuff, but do know this has been done.
>
> I have a client who wants to migrate from MS to Linux on his machines.
> He would be willing to make a donation to a Linux based project in lieu
> of MS licenses.
>
> I can see how a thin client model could work well.
>
> He does have specific requirements that I can discuss later, should this
> be necessary.
>
> For those on list who have used K12LTSP as the base for an internet
> cafe. Could you tell me any gotchas that you have struck, and what has
> worked in your situation.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Bert

I'm interested in this too Bert.  My church's college group is looking
into using LTSP to make a college coffee house / cyber cafe.  I think
it was Bill Kendrick that has done this before.  Bill, are you out there?

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
  for that which he cannot lose."
  -- Jim Elliott

RICHARD K. INGALLS
Director of Information Technology
Glenwood R-8 School District
West Plains, MO

email..ringalls (at) glenwood.k12.mo.us
web....glenwood.k12.mo.us
ph.....417.256.4849
fax....417.257.2567

"Miracles are a retelling in small letters
  of the very same story which is written across
  the whole world in letters too large
  for some of us to see."
  -- C. S. Lewis