[K12OSN] intel se7501br2 + aic 7901 onboard scsi

Robert Arkiletian robark at telus.net
Tue Mar 23 01:21:20 UTC 2004

Anyone have trouble with the onboard AIC 7901 scsi controller on the Intel
se7501br2 motherboard? It's the one CT Leung is using in his article on
linuxjournal.com

http://linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=7418&mode=thread&order=0

I know I have to disable HostRaid in the bios. I don't intend on using RAID.
Just one scsi drive for root and one for home. Adaptec has a driver for
RedHat 8

http://adaptec.com/worldwide/support/
driverdetail.html?sess=no&language=English+US&cat=%2fOperating+System%2fRed
+Hat+Linux&filekey=aic79xx-1.1.0-i686-rh80.img.gz

Since I am using dual xeons (smp kernel) I have to stick with k12ltsp 3.1.2
(Redhat 8) anyway because 4.01 is not stable yet.  Wondering if anyone has
positive or negative experience with this onboard scsi controller???

Robert