[K12OSN] 1 button MAC Mice .. Right-clicking

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Wed Mar 24 02:05:01 UTC 2004

I found this at:
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/champion_server/cs121.sh
tml

Hope this helps some...
I have yet to try it 6pm time to go home =)

--Huck

Q: I have a one-button USB mouse. How do I right-click?

"The manual tells me that I can use the numlock and equals keys as
second and third mouse buttons. This doesn't seem to work with CS 1.2.
How can I get this to work so I don't have to buy a three-button mouse?"

First, you must be using the "input layer", which is present in the
2.2.18 kernel on our ftp site and will be the only option in YDL 2.0.

Next, choose 2 keys to emulate the middle and right clicks from this
page. (For example, 87 is F11 and 88 is F12.) Then add the following
lines to /etc/sysctl.conf:

dev.mac_hid.mouse_button_emulation = 1
dev.mac_hid.mouse_button2_keycode = <middle click key code>
dev.mac_hid.mouse_button3_keycode = <right click key code>

Reboot and your settings will take effect. To set key codes without
rebooting, use echo like the following example:

echo <middle click key code> >
/proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode

This can be useful for testing. It should be noted that not all keys may
be present or functioning on your keyboard, and particularly most Mac
keyboards do not distinguish between right and left modifier keys.