[K12OSN] 1 button MAC Mice .. Right-clicking

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Wed Mar 24 03:25:41 UTC 2004

Huck wrote:
> Q: I have a one-button USB mouse. How do I right-click?

I didn't look at your link -- but if you are using yellowdog 3.0.1, it
has a nice initscript called "mouse-emulation" that allows you to set
keys for the other buttons.  I think it defaults to F12 and F11.  Here's
the quick HOW-TO from Shawn (me) if you don't have that script:

echo "1"  > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button_emulation
echo "87" > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode # F11
echo "88" > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode # F12

you can copy/paste that on a commandline and test it.  To make it
automatic, just copy the 3 lines into /etc/rc.d/rc.local

(make sure that file exists...  I think that's where it is for most
yellowdog versions -- basically, stick 'em somewhere they'll be executed
on boot)

Hope that helps!

-Shawn
--